ROTATION:Reportage


So, it's our rotation project now. The first on of our group is "people and places" with jay.
The primer task is to find a place you are familiar with or you want to know in London, and stay there try to feel that atmosphere, to see the people. Do the drawing, writing, 30 pages about everything of the place.

EAT TOKYO
I picked the 'Eat Tokyo' first (the one in Holborn). It's a Japanese restaurant. My friend and I go there after each assessment, so it's like a little celebration to us. You can tell how much I love this place. I went there again for the primer task and tried to record everything about it. The people, the food, or the environment.
















However, after the briefing on Friday, I had changed my mind, as our aim is drawing an illustration to introduce the places in London to next year's students. I thought a restaurant may not be the best choice, so I plan to draw a bookshop 'Forbidden Planet', I guess teenagers might be interested in comic related stuff.


FORBIDDEN PLANET
It's a world's largest and best-known science fiction, fantasy and cult entertainment retailer. There are lots of art, comic or illustration books, and models inside. As long as I have time, I will go there, to find interesting stuff.







After took so many pictures or drawings about the store, I began to think about how my final will look like. I have tried some little drafts. I wanted to include everything that can express the store's features to make people know it well.
I drew the logo into the drawing, so it can match the whole style of 'Forbidden Planet', also I intended to use these 2 colours from the logo---red and blue, for my final.

So, this is my lines draft for the final illustration. Basically, it's the view of the forbidden planet. 


Final. I did that in Photoshop and tried different versions. Cause I've asked some friends, some of them like the coloured one, some like the monochrome one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PROJECT: Selling Yourself

PROJECT: 2060

DEGREE SHOW: The Niveous Deer

EXTERNAL PROJECT: The story in the forest

PROJECT: Fiction

PROJECT: LBS-London Experience

ROTATION:Editorial

DEGREE SHOW: Cave Paintings Research